Founding Letter to First Years
Dear Benjamin Franklin College’s Founding First-Years,
Congratulations! This coming year, not only will you become a member of Yale’s best residential college, but you will also have the honor and joy of helping us begin to form traditions in our inaugural year.
From the moment you set foot on campus, you will be welcomed into the Benjamin Franklin College, and Yale, family. Everyone is excited to meet you and answer your questions, and Dean Hill, Head of College Bailyn, and the First-Year Counselors (FroCos) will serve as some of your most important resources.
You probably have a lot of questions. Here’s the good news: we have answers! Included below are some resources that will help you navigate the beginning of your first year at Yale, but if something isn’t answered there, feel free to reach out. Welcome to our Founding Year! We can’t wait to meet you in August!
- For academic information, housing assignments, billing information, and more: First-Year Student Handbook
- For the upcoming year’s important dates and deadlines: 2017-2018 Academic Calendar
- For information for families related to everything from refrigerators to New Haven to study abroad: Family Information
- For information about advising resources: Advising Resources
- For updated course listings and major requirements: Yale College Programs of Study 2017-2018
- For financial aid information, including deadlines: Financial Aid