This is the official website for Benjamin Franklin College, one of Yale’s two newest residential colleges. This site is the best location for information about our college’s history, state-of-the-art facilities, and diverse community. To stay updated with news about Benjamin Franklin College, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Franklin by the numbers:
- Franklin opened to students as one of two new colleges in 2017
- in 2023 Franklin will have 534 students living on and off campus.
- Franklin has 451 beds, 300-seat dining hall and adjacent server, a student common room, a library, a café, a buttery, bike shop and bike share and shared academic and recreational spaces on the lower level.
- The college is nearly 200K square feet and is LEED Gold certified.
- The windows of the new colleges look like traditional Yale casements from the outside but are, in fact, very modern and energy efficient. They include a true leaded restoration glass panel on the outside, but behind that is a full insulated glass unit. Geothermal wells in the courtyards provide 10% of the energy savings needed to achieve LEED goals.
- Between Franklin and Murray, there are 400 carved stone ornaments… can you find them all?