Class of 2024-Letter to First Years
Dear Benjamin Franklin College’s Class of 2024,
Congratulations! This coming year, not only will you become a member of Yale’s best residential college, but you will also have the honor and joy of helping us begin to form traditions in our fourth year as one of Yale’s 14 residential colleges.
From the moment you set foot on campus, you will be welcomed into the Benjamin Franklin College, and Yale, family. Everyone is excited to meet you and answer your questions, and Dean Hill, Head Charles, and the First-Year Counselors (FroCos) will serve as some of your most important resources.
You probably have a lot of questions. Here’s the good news: we have answers! Included below are some resources that will help you navigate the beginning of your first year at Yale, but if something isn’t answered there, feel free to reach out. We can’t wait to meet you in August!
- For academic information, housing assignments, billing information, and more: First-Year Information
- For the upcoming year’s important dates and deadlines: 2020-2021 Academic Calendar
- For information for families related to everything from refrigerators to New Haven to study abroad: Family Information
- For updated course listings and major requirements: Yale College Programs of Study 2020-2021
- For financial aid information, including deadlines: Financial Aid